Our pets are important and loved members of the family and as a result, increasing numbers of our clients want extra peace of mind towards their dog or cat’s health.
Insurance coverage can allow you to provide the best possible quality of veterinary care to your pet and help reduce the unexpected costs associated with an accident or illness.
We recommend obtaining pet insurance as soon as possible because:
- Waiting periods apply for illness cover, may be up to 30 days
- Pre existing conditions are not covered
- Upper age limits apply for new policies (typically 9 years)
Aspects to consider when selecting a specific insurance policy include:
- Level of cover
- Accidental injury only
- Accidental injury and illness
- Accidental injury and illness and specific extras & routine care
- Percentage of cover and payable excess to each claim
- Annual claim limits (including any sub-limits)
- Additional policy specifics inclusions / exclusions
It is important that you read through the Product Disclosure Statement to ensure that the policy you select suits your needs & budget.
Middle Brighton Vet Centre does not recommend any specific company or policy. More general information regarding Pet Insurance can be found on line: